Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sunday June 28, 2015
Dear Cass -

Items of business first...
1. In your last email I took the liberty of removing the word "fat" when you were referring to yourself in comparison to all the family here. Have I taught you nothing? We do not refer to ourselves as fat. You look absolutely beautiful and nobody would ever think you're fat! Enough of that.

2. Today was Savannah's farewell. She gave a great talk and she leaves on Wednesday. Her email address is savannah.jensen@myldsmail.net All of your friends were there. Katrina came and said hi for a minute. I also saw Megan and Courtney and Chelsea.
3. On Friday morning here in the good ole USA the Supreme Court Judge decided that gay marriage was legal in all 50 states. Not that this has an incredible impact on me, it has been one of those things that has social media just storming. It has been interesting to watch...a lot of members of the church defending the proclamation on the family. Most of them doing it with love and respect towards those who have different views. I sometimes wonder why it’s so hard for people to get along. I mean, I'm not necessarily a fan of gay marriage, but really, don't people have the right to make their own choices? We'll have to see where this goes here in this country.

4. How was your week? I always look so forward to hearing your updates. I love hearing about how you find people and always tend to think back to the days when you didn't like to make a phone call to talk to people or you know, ask for your own ranch dressing at places! And now you're approaching people left and right and eating fish with scales! Gross!
5. I saw that it was the 67th anniversary of the candy bomber dropping the candy in Berlin this week. I think you should have had a party.

6. Garrett Christensen returned home from Sweden, Will Bass from Russia and Mason Reid from Argentina this week.
So...for our week...

The girls and I had a NAET appointment on Monday morning then we headed out to Vegas. I got very sleepy driving, I think because I'd been to Dr. Joe. I get tired on the days I go to him. We stopped in St. George and did some shopping and ate. After that I felt a little more awake and the rest of the drive was fine. We arrived in the HOT desert and stayed at Jen's. We spent Tuesday with Kacee and Brittney. Swam a little, had Port o Subs and hung out at the Allred house. Hadlie stayed the night there on Tues.
The rest of the week was HOT, like 113, and hard to really do anything much more than just a quick outing here or there. We did all the normal stuff. Komex, Mrs. Fields, Shake Shack, a little shopping, etc. We returned home last night with Marlee and Maycee in tow. They'll spend a few days here and then go to Grammy's. The rest of their family will be here on Thursday evening for the 4th of July weekend. Can you believe it's almost July???

We also got to watch the Teen Beach Movie 2 on Friday night. Those types of movies always remind me of you! It's like HSM all over again!
Well - I'm sorry if this is a shorter, lamer email, there was just not a lot to tell really. I'll send you a bunch of pictures:)

As always - I love you so much! You are doing such a great job out there. Thanks for being such a great example to all of us!
Love - Mom



 





No comments:

Post a Comment