Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sunday November 8, 2015
Dear Cassidy -

Hi! How did your week go? How has your weather been? We've been pretty darn cold this week. We even had a few snowflakes which got Hadlie VERY excited, but nothing stuck to the ground.
I hope this week has been a little less stressful than last. That you're adjusting to being the one in charge and making more decisions. Its good for you:) I am always amazed when you write about the transportation situation there. Roads closed everywhere and the buses/trains that just end randomly. Crazy! Do most people in your area just have their own cars and not use public transportation?

I always love reading about your days at church and how much you love it. Yay for the Meckel's coming! Keep us updated on them.
Well - here's the scoop from our week...

Monday - normal day - River decided that she's "bored" with gymnastics. But she can't think of one single other thing she'd like to do. We'll see where that goes...We had FHE, Dad had the lesson and after that he had to run a math lab at our kitchen table for all three of the kids:/
Tuesday - normal day except it was voting day. So here in Spanish Fork it has been proposed to build a "Life Center." It would be a new Senior Citizen center, a library and an indoor pool/basketball courts, etc all in one building. It would be built on the great soccer fields at the sports park that Colten always played on. So for the last few months people have been promoting the Life Center building, or opposing it. We got to vote on it on Tuesday. Though I think we could definitely use a nicer library and senior citizen center this building they're proposing is really big, and very fancy and very expensive. It would increase our property taxes a whole bunch to build and then we'd still have to pay every time we wanted to use it. So I voted no.

I also had a meeting with Hadlie and the counselor at the Jr. High to map out her high school path. Hadlie is very competitive and came away determined that she'd get a 26 on the ACT and get that higher Regent's scholarship. The counselor also told her that Financial Lit wasn't a required class anymore which we were all happy about, but then found out that wasn't true. She still has to take that.
Wednesday - normal day. Colten had YM early and they did a priest/laurel activity up in Midway at the crater spring thing that you can swim in. It seemed like he had a good time. He's also been pretty sick with a bad cold but was finally feeling a little better by this day. Then Hadlie AND River went to YW. So it was just me and dad here! Weird!!! We did our budget and that's when we decided for sure to come to Germany!

Thursday - normal day. It was our payday so that means a trip to the bank and about 3 different grocery stores for me. Then I took Hadlie to piano and that night Colten and I had the meeting for his Washington DC trip. He's very excited to go. I'm very excited for him to go. What a great trip! So that's this month on the 17th. Just a word about the brother. He's definitely a senior in high school. I see him struggling with a lot of the same things you did. Namely, his math class which he's just not as interested in as his anatomy and hospital stuff. And, caring about things we'd like him to care about like cleaning up his room and being on time to things. He's still doing good in school and I'm happy he's going to mission prep at all. He's just 17. You understand, right?
Friday - Dad stayed home from work. We went to the gym together then he went to the temple and I went to lunch with Karron Jackson. That's always fun for me to have some time with her. Their family's doing good. Jared is loving Taiwan and Katie's pregnant with her 2nd baby. Later that day Hadlie and I went to bring the horses in and then I took River shopping for an hour to look for a Christmas dress and a specific jacket she's wanting. We found neither. Colten went to Sadie's that night with a girl named Jaycee. And didn't come home til 1:30am. That wasn't the time we'd asked him to come home by the way.

Saturday - Brownie woke up throwing up at about 6:30. I could tell I wasn't going back to sleep so I got up and went to the gym. I've really been enjoying walking for quite a long time at the gym these days. I watch shows on the ipad. Hadlie and I helped with the horses again and Colten and River helped at a service project at someone's house in our ward. It was only 35 degrees that morning and windy. All 3 of those kids gave me crap about wearing a coat! Seriously. Colten said he would and he never did. River and Hadlie at least listened. After all that we had lunch at 5 Guys and River got herself a kids pizza at Malawi's next door. Then I took the girls plus Hadlie's friend Sadie to the mall. I didn't have a good experience with River. The two of us went to Target also looking for her jacket. They were out of stock. Then we tried a few stores in the mall. No luck. Remember our hunt for the perfect boots? Now we were on the hunt for the perfect jacket. She gets very grumpy with me when I suggest anything or ask questions. We were meeting Brooke at the mall to pick River up to babysit her kids for the afternoon/evening. She was happy to leave me. I was pretty exhausted after that day and ended up going to bed at like 8:00. Dad went and met Brooke when River was done babysitting. That was kind of him. Hadlie's got a cold now so she went to bed fairly early and we asked Colten to come home at 10:30 which I think he did but I was asleep.
So there's our week. You can guess how it went when we told the kids Dad and I were planning on coming to get you:) I should have recorded it. Colten was fine. Probably because he sees it as a whole week or so we won't be here bugging him and he'll get to drive Dad's car. But the girls...ha!

Well - I hope you're doing great and enjoying your new companion. That's a tough switch but hopefully you'll do fine! Keep calm and take things one decision at a time. I love you so much!
Love - Mom
 Our walking trail this week!
 Celebrating October birthdays at the St. John's...Geddy, River, Randy
Guitar lessons with Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment