Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Sunday October 11, 2015

Dear Cassidy:

Well, another week has come and gone. It's really trying to be Fall here, but we've still had some very warm days. Yesterday it was back up to 90! We've still been running our air conditioner many days.

I wanted to thank you for your inspiring letter last week! I loved your thoughts about conference and especially your "list!" The only thing I would add to your list is again, not to be too hard on yourself! Recognize that you are trying your best and know that you're doing better than you think you are! (That was from conference too, I can't remember by whom though!)

I love that Fynnlay is old enough to be baptized and that you might be there to see that happen! And Claudia! Who would've thought you'd find someone like that to teach! Very cool!

So a couple of things I wanted to report on from here on the news side...Josee is engaged! She met the boy at the Trolley where she works. His name is John Garfield. Also, when I logged into your Facebook for this week's update I saw a post from Ben Spencer's mom that they are moving to TOKYO for 8 months! Crazy! They're also selling their house so they can build something else to better fit Christopher's needs as he's getting much bigger these days. Then today I saw Katrina's mom. Katrina's doing fabulous in Ephraim and is the Relief Society President of her ward!!! Thought you'd like to know.

So things from home this week. We've had an incredibly normal week - which I should be thankful for and I am. But sometimes it does feel a bit boring to me. I feel kind of like I'm in another adjustment time where I'm not working, and in some ways just running things for our family waiting for the next big change to happen (that'll be when you get home, Colten graduates and then you both leave again!). I'm extremely grateful we have the means so I can stay home and don't feel like I HAVE to work, but after this week I know that I need to set some goals for myself and get out and do some stuff. I'll report back on that next week:)
The main things that happened around here besides the usual are that Dad and I have helped Hadlie (mostly dad) do her Rube Goldberg project for her science class. I will send you the video and then you'll understand. It took many hours and everyone involved is glad it’s done.

Then on Wednesday night the Beehive class came to heart attack our house because River is going to be 12(!) in a couple of weeks! They were really cute with her and she was shy and embarrassed, of course. She had to run and change when they got here because she was in her pajamas, and that would've been terrible for them to see!
Yesterday after our normal activities of the Farmer's Market, helping with the horses and eating at Five Guys, I took River out to get her "nerd" Halloween costume as well as some boots for the winter. You'll appreciate this...it took us about 5 hours! The girl is something! We hunted this whole valley for the perfect boots and I'm not even kidding. We did in fact find them and I'll send you picture!

Then today we got to go to Ricky's ward. That's where I saw Katrina's mom. Ricky and Natalie blessed baby Violet today AND Jamie & Chalis blessed the twins there too! Grandpa Jim blessed Tommy and Dad blessed Chance. I'm trying to round up a picture to send but it was pretty chaotic after sacrament meeting AND over at Grandma's with tons of people there! But Chance is quite fussy so everyone was wondering how it'd go for him to be not with his parents during the blessing. He did good til the end and then started crying, but Dad did a great job!

Well - I really have nothing else too exciting to report. This week is our Fall break, as well as Dad's birthday. We are also watching baby Penny from Friday afternoon til Sunday morning so at least we'll have a few pictures of her for you next week:)
I hope you're doing great as usual and still getting along good with Sister Medley! Can't wait to hear from you again!


Love - Mom
 View from my walk on the trail one morning this week



 Grandpa's new 1959 coupe de ville Cadillac! It's 23 feet long!


No comments:

Post a Comment