Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sunday February 21, 2016

Hello Cassidy!
How are you this fine Monday? I really enjoyed your emails last week. Thank you for updating us on so much. We've been praying this week for you and your companion that she might be willing to work with you and that you'd have a little more success. How have things been? We also thought it was hilarious that you thought you needed to define the word "trunky!" We were familiar with that word and thought that was totally a Cassidy thing to do:) And that made me super excited to see you very soon!  I hope your week has been great and you saw some more miracles in teaching/getting people to church. You're awesome!

My week went a little like this...
Monday was President's Day so no school. And we had the Gardner kids for our last day of that. We ended up going to a kid’s movie "Norm of the North" at our dollar theater which was fun. I had to pretty much beg Hadlie and River to come. Colten would have none of it. The kids were all good there. They each ate their own whole thing of candy which I'm sure was against the rules for them. Afterwards we went to Walmart so River could spend her money. She's moved from spending all her money on little toys, to spending all her money on makeup and pens/pencils. Then we headed over to Chick Fil A. With the rest of the town I swear. That place was nuts. Colten met us for lunch and then we headed home so Finn could nap before I took them home. River went with to take them home where we met up with Grammy who was watching them til Hailey could get there.

Tuesday - Friday were all pretty normal days. Piano lessons, guitar lessons, a little homework, YM/YW, gym, laundry, cleaning, etc. Friday I got myself up at 5am to go to the gym so I could go visiting teaching that morning. Then one of our people canceled so we didn't go until later which meant I didn't really have to get up early. Oh well. I do like getting it done early and kind of wish I could get up that early every day. But it wipes me out! I got the car washed on Friday as well. It was super dirty. As I was pulling in to the wash I had a flashback of the one and only time I sent you to the carwash and you had trouble pulling the van in and felt like it was awful and told me you'd NEVER do that again! Remember that? Friday after school I took Colten to get new Sunday shoes as he was preparing for his date to Sweethearts on Saturday.
Saturday I got up and went to the gym, took Hadlie down to the barn to do our work there (one of the horses is going to have a baby probably THIS week!), showered and left quickly with the Jacksons for a date. We went and saw the Young Ambassadors from BYU perform. It was good, as well as cheesy. We also ate Mexican food at the Red Iguana, which was good. When we got home the girls were starving so we waiting for Colten to be picked up for his dance and then we left to get them dinner. The only place River EVER wants to go is Costa Vida. She's very picky. So we went there, Arby's for Hadlie, Macey's to let everyone pick out ice cream and then to McDonald's for Cokes. We're pretty ridiculous.
Also - last weekend I forgot to tell you I went to Michelle Orton's bridal shower. It was fun to see all of those girls. She's super excited to get married. Her fiancĂ© is from Mapleton and went to Maple Mountain but is 2 years older than Michelle so they didn't know each other. It was Josee's shower yesterday but we already had tickets with the Jackson's for our thing so I didn't get to go. Also, Jordan Smith (Bob & Becky Smith's son) is engaged and getting married in March as well. As well as Shinade Slease. I don't know much about her situation other than she's getting married at Thanksgiving Point.
I think that updates you pretty well on things here. Oh ya! I forgot! Dad and I looked up some info on renting cars in Germany and it led us to a thing to learn German road signs. Then we could take a test at the end to see how much we understood. We didn't do so hot! It was kind of confusing and we were both commenting about how brave you are to be driving! And the dumb way the rental cars are set up you have to pay like double if the person driving is under 25. So you'll have to direct Dad but not drive. Lame.

I'll type out our travel plans today for you if I have time. I think I've pretty much got things in place. Just know with all the moving around we'll be doing you're going to have to PACK LIGHT! Like one suitcase, not your big one, light.
I love you so much and hope you've had a good week! Oh ya - please let me know about your knee and I'll get you scheduled!

Love - Mom

 FHE from Dad - about perception
 Hadlie & Skipper. He finally got his blanket off so he can be brushed again!
Colten and his date Ashley going to Sweethearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment